Villars-sur-Ollon is in the canton of Vaud, at an alititude of 1300 meters above the Rhone valley, located on a natural balcony with southern exposure, in the heart of the Vaud Alps. Villars-sur-Ollon offers breathtaking views of the Dents-du-Midi and the Mont Blanc massif.
Villars-sur-Ollon provides the Villars-Gryon-Diablerets free access card for travelers who stayed one night in hotels and other accommodation. The card allows travelers free use of the following service:
· BVB train Villars-Bretaye
· BVB train Gryon-Barboleuse-Villars
· Villars-Roc d'Orsay gondola lift
· Barboleuse-Les Chaux gondola lift
· Sports Centre : indoor swimming pool
· Sports Centre : Outdoor swimming pool
· Sports Centre : Ice rink
· Sports Centre : Outdoor tennis courts
· Access to the Villars Golf Club practice ranges, free access to the driving range for non-golfers (from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.), 1 chip per day for balls and free loan of equipment at the driving range, 20% discount on the Green Fees booklet
· Gryon Park : mini golf, miniature railway
· Gryon and Alpe des Chaux (Frience) outdoor tennis courts
· Villars-Barboleusaz-Solalex bus
· Gryon-Barboleuse-Alpe des Chaux bus
· Villars-Col de la Croix-Les Diablerets bus
· Chesières-Villars bus
· Free cultural visits to the villages of Ollon and Gryon, followed by local wine tasting.
In summer the main activities are hiking, mountain biking and golf. A beautifully scenic 18-hole golf course located at 1600 meters allows travelers to play golf in the heart of the mountains. The skiing area of Villars incorporates the two smaller areas of Villars/Bretaye and Gryon and is also linked via the route over Le Meilleret with the Les Diablerets skiing area, including a glacier skiing area at 3000 meters, with 77 lifts and 220 kilometers of ski slopes.
Map of Villars- Sur- Ollon